28.3.12

The Beginning

Recently I've been reading a few other blogs, watching dunk videos and playing ball. Combine this with all my basketball in-season teams coming to an end this week. I came up with this self appointed challenge to dunk in 6 weeks or less. The reason and motivation comes from always wanting to dunk and having the right to say it, and more so the right to show it. To further my motivation I told a friend, who then laughed of course. So I was inclined to bet him 20 bucks I'll jam it by May 6th and he thought wise investment(we'll see) and took my deal. So anyway I have decided that the program that's going to help me achieve my goal is the jump manual. I have previously done the jump manual about 2 years ago. From what I can remember I gained about 3-4 inches and I don't think I ever finished as my motivation was lacking and I was fairly inconsistent. This time I have decided to use this blog to document my lifts, measurements and everything else that I need written down. I also wanna make a shout out to Candyman from myjumpmanual for the inspiration to start this blog.

My general stats at the moment are
Height: 6'1, 183.5cm
Weight: 170lbs, 77kgs
Running Vertical: 30 inchs (estimate)
Standing Vertical: 28 inchs (estimate)

At the moment I'm hanging off the rim with two hands with ease. That's where my estimates are coming from.
Anyway I'll update this soon when I further sort out my gameplan.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love that you guys made a bet! I might have to do that too!

    Super excited for you and will be following your blog and progress! Good luck man! Go do it!

    ReplyDelete