1.4.12

Update Week #1

Finally, I have finished all my basketball in-season teams and finished on a good note with us winning the finals. Anyway also this week I went back into the gym (after a decent hiatus) to introduce the specific movements I'll be doing for the next couple months. Not the brightest idea since I felt muscle soreness for the finals game but once it got warm and I got lost in the game things went well. The muscle soreness is positive as it shows there is a lot of room for improvement. This also made me realize how important active recovery is in training. So I'm looking further into the best methods of active recovery and timing for these sorts of workouts. Another recovery method I've decided to imply on a weekly basis for the lower body is self massage with castor oil. This is really good for moving lactic acid and getting healthy nutrients into the muscles, especially the ankles which take a beating during vertical training. So I worked out twice this week only as it took me a lot of time to recover. On each exercise I performed 2-3 sets with about 10-15 reps just to get my body used to weighted movements. Also I stretched most days and only foam rolled the first 2 days of the week instead of daily, as it would have been extremely painful due to the delayed onset muscle soreness. Basically this week and next week I'm getting back into the gym, next week I'm going to also introduce some plyometric movements into workouts. After this next week I will be officially starting the Jump Manual program. Next week this time I'll post my before Jump Manual measurements and will look to also include a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment